We have raised more than £400,000 over the last ten years for local and national causes. Every penny raised is used for our community projects. Nothing is taken for club administration.
We have an active fundraising committee who are always seeking new ways to raise monies in support of our various local and international projects. Some of our key event successes are detailed below.
We are always seeking sponsoring for our events so if you think you could help please visit our 'Events' page or contact us at email@example.com
We have several key fundraising events throughout the year:
- You may well have seen (or rather heard) our Santa's Sleigh around the streets of Reading. More...
- We have a catering caravan that we take to local community events. We are able to provide hot and cold drinks, burgers , bacon rolls and hot dogs. Its a great way to raise funds, have some fun and increase public awareness of Lions activities.
- We hold Chocolate Santa raffles each year, selling tickets at local pubs, corner shops and community centres. Our Easter Egg Raffle is also a great success.
- We organise Charity Quiz Nights, Charity Race Nights and Grand National Video afternoons.
- Our annual Firework Extravaganza is a great fundraiser. More...
- We have organised Tribute Music Nights.
- Our Dragon Boat Festival in August is a great way to enable local charities to raise funds for their charity of choice. Click here for the Reading Chronicle article.
The following are an example of other ways we fundraise:
QUIZ NIGHT FOR NAOMI HOUSE: Thank you to everyone that attended our quiz night in aid of Naomi House & Jacksplace. Together we raised £2,100. With you help we are making a difference. More...
Charity Golf Days in July in aid of Prostate Cancer Awareness Hennerton Golf Club Wargrave. A very big thank you to everyone that has attended our Charity Golf Day events in the past. With your help we have raised more than £6,000.00 for our prostate cancer awareness & PSA test programme. A big thank you also to Hennerton Golf Club, Rabbits Vehicle Hire, Powerbug and Circle Reading for making the events such a success.You are all helping to save lives.
SUMMER COMEDY & CURRYFEST raises £1,200 for Launchpad Reading Homeless Charity.Click here for more information.
A July Quiz night at Himalayan Hotspot raised £1,326 for Prostate Cancer Awareness
The popular restaurant in School Road, Tilehurst has been owned by the Gurung family for four years. They are very generous in their support of Reading Lions Prostate Cancer Awareness and also support the Dystonia charity. More...