Our fundraising projects:
We have raised more than £600,000 over the last twelve years alone, for local and national causes. Every penny raised is used for our community projects. Nothing is taken for club administration. We have an active fundraising committee who are always seeking new ways to raise monies in support of our various local and international projects. Some of our key event successes are detailed below.
We have several key fundraising events throughout the year:
- You may well have seen (or rather heard) our Santa's Sleigh around the streets of Reading. More...
- We have a catering caravan that we take to local community events. We are able to provide hot and cold drinks, burgers, bacon rolls and hot dogs. It's a great way to raise funds, have some fun and increase public awareness of Lions activities. Contact us if you would like the opportunity for us to attend one of your events.
- We organise Charity Quiz Nights, Charity Race Nights and Grand National Video afternoons.
- Our past Fireworks Spectaculars in November have been a great success.
- We host an annual Charity Golf Day.
- We have recently created a human fruit machine called 'Tutti Fruiti' to be used at fundraising events. You can also loan it for your own fundraising efforts. More....
- We have set up a new scheme which enable people who regularly shop on-line to help us raise funds via the 'easyfundraising' portal. More...
- We have organised several Tribute Music Nights.
- We held our first on-line Charity Auction during the Covid lockdown.
- We have in the past raised funds and support local businesses with our Round Up for Reading programme. This programme is now closed.
- Could you consider adopting us as your 'charity of the year'? More....
- We are always seeking sponsoring for our events so if you think you could help, please visit our 'Events' page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org