The 'Lions Den' community grant scheme is back!
We are now inviting applications from small community groups in Reading and small local Reading charities.
The grants must be used for the benefit of the local Reading community and 'make a difference'.
Our aim was to award small grants up to £750.00 each.
Stage one: Download the grant application form here... Complete and return the application no later than 15th May 2019.
Stage Two: Successful applicant groups will be invited to the 'Den' on 12th June 2019 to 'pitch' for a grant. The 'Den' is this year being held curtesy of the Royal Berkshire Conference Centre at the Madejski Stadium.
Stage Three: grants are awarded by 30th June 2019.
'Good luck to everyone taking part'
This year we are delighted that the event is supported by Savills and the venue is sponsored by Royal Berkshire Conference Center at Madejski Stadium
All the money used for the grants is raised through the generosity of local Reading people, so a very BIG THANKYOU to everyone who has supported us in our fundraising efforts.
With your help grants have been made in the past to:
- a group providing debt counselling service
- a stroke survivors support group
- a small charity providing gift bags of essential items for people undergoing cancer treatment
- a group supporting MS sufferers
- creative artworks for hospital spaces
- a volunteer group providing yoga and other exercise classes for older people
- toys and equipment for an after school club for families with autistic children
- support to a group promoting the health & wellbeing of the community through horticulture
- a support group providing services to people with drug and alcohol addiction
- support for a 'learn through play' programme for a local school
- a group that supports young children excluded from school as a result from bullying or trauma
- a small local charity providing support for those in poverty or homeless. The grant will be used for after school activities for needy children
- a group providing disability awareness and disability confidence programmes
- a group that wishes to trial a fortnightly support group for anyone living locally with autism
- New kit for the Reading Sea Cadets.
'Together we are making a difference'