Young Leaders in Service to the Community
We are seeking Young Leaders:
Reading Lions Clubs is involved in annual awards scheme, with the objective of recognising and rewarding the efforts that many young people put into their local communities.
The scheme is open to Young People between the ages of 11 and 18.
The awards recognise the achievements of young people who provide significant levels of service to their communities. There are two award levels:
**The Silver Seal Award for young people who provide at least 50 hours of service to their community during a 12 month period.
**The Gold Seal Award for young people who provide at least 100 hours of service during a 12 month period.
Some examples of service that qualify include:
- Service to the elderly or children.
- Safety training.
- Environment, planting trees or clearing litter.
- Services for the homeless.
- Fund raising for local charities.
- Taking a leaders role with Cadets, St John, Red Cross, Church, Cadets, Guides or Youth group.
We are seeking candidates right now. If you want to find out more about these awards or know of a young person that might qualify please contact Sarah Kidd-May, Reading Lions Club Youth Officer, email@example.com